Epoxy Floor Coating
A true epoxy floor coating is a tougher, more permanent solution than any kind of floor paint or epoxy paint. When you see a handsome concrete floor in a finished basement or an auto shop with sealed concrete that looks like terrazzo, it’s probably a professional epoxy floor coating.
Prestige Floor Coating can install a near-permanent solution for your garage, pool deck, patio, mechanic shop, health clinic, or anywhere else you want the luxurious look and durable quality of an epoxy floor coating.
To learn more about our epoxy floor coating services, call us today at (443) 519-2628.
Floor Paint vs. Epoxy Coating
Floor paints are made from acrylic. They look nice at first, but get scuffed up easily and peel off in chips. An epoxy paint typically means acrylic paint with a little epoxy mixed in for extra hardening.
Epoxy floor coatings are made from epoxy resins and hardening agents. Besides the composition, epoxy coatings are unique because they are applied in three or more layers. The first layer bonds with the concrete, the next layer provides a rugged, durable, resilient coating. A top coat adds an extra level of protection and a matte or glossy texture.
Let’s describe the difference between floor paint and epoxy floor coatings this way: we can offer a lifetime home warranty, while floor paints don’t come with any meaningful warranty.
Our Epoxy Floor Coating Formulas
Prestige Floor Coating has an in-house team of chemists who have created a world-beating formula for epoxy floor coatings. We take things a step further by customizing our formulas to your local micro-climate, with different coatings used for indoor, outdoor, and industrial applications.
Here’s how our epoxy coatings outperform the pack:
- The coating bonds with concrete. Most paints and epoxies are more like icing on top of a cake. Ours creates a new surface, molecularly bonded with the moisture in the concrete.
- There’s a rubberized membrane. Avoid the cracked look of tectonic plates with an epoxy floor coating that can withstand temperature and humidity changes.
- Your floor will actually be stronger. Concrete coated with our epoxy formula is 800 percent stronger at 20,000 PSI.
- Avoid the toxic fumes. We don’t need to use acid etching and our formula emits zero VOC fumes.
- Not slippery when wet. Safe for kids, safe for the workplace, with an adjustable level of anti-skid protection for your needs.
Are Epoxy Floor Coatings Worth It?
Low maintenance, easy cleaning, and extreme durability make epoxy floor coatings less expensive when compared to a cheaper option that needs to be replaced every few years.
Yes, epoxy floor coatings installed by a professional cost more than some of the alternatives, but you get what you pay for. When coating a garage floor, restaurant kitchen, auto shop, or other concrete floors, wouldn’t it be nice to have a solution that can last a lifetime?
Free Estimate for Epoxy Floor Coating Installation
Call Prestige Floor Coating at (443) 519-2628 or contact us online to schedule a free, on-site estimate for professional epoxy floor coating in Maryland, Northern Virginia, Southern Pennsylvania, and Delaware.